Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Field Agent App. Has anyone ever found the right UPC?



I recently installed the Field Agent app, you might heard of it.

Depending on your location there are certain tasks to do like going to a store to check the price of a product or taking a picture of a requested bar code, then you get paid.

The first thing I noticed was that every task was supposedly located thousands of miles away from me, but then when I picked one it clearly said "Pay no attention to the distance listed for this job", every task said the same. Bad point, there's something wrong with the app.

Then I started doing some field tasks, going to Walmart, going to Sams Club, Costco, Dollar General among other stores... so far I've never found the correct bar code (UPC) and what really grind my gears is that many times it has been due to one or two numbers.

Here's two examples.

Sams Club.


I was supposed to find a Member's Mark hands sanitizer which UPC was 78742 10686. Then I found it, I was amazed, finally! It was the brand requested, the same size, same everything, except for the last digits of its UPC: 78742 10701


Come on! And there's nothing you can do about it, you're screwed even if there is just one different number, you won't get paid.

Second case: Walmart.


This is even worse, the product to find was a bag of Kisses, an specific one which contains 3 different Kisses (or flavors) in one bag, the app said it was located at a certain Walmart, I went to the address and there was a lot of different bags of Kisses with this and that and well... I finally found it, I'm pretty sure that was the requested product, it contained 3 different kind of Kisses, but! Again the UPC was not the same:

Requested UPC: 34000 13396
UPC Found: 34000 13370


I mean, really?
That's when I said "thanks for nothing Field Agent, I'm not earning a shit, instead I'm expending gasoline on you're pointless tasks, you're out of my cellphone right now!"

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    The jobs you are mentioning are under the "Scavenger Hunt" category and there are no guarantees of the product being in the store so I wouldn't suggest going out of your way for those jobs, but rather if you're already in the store. There are jobs in other categories that are address-specific where you are more likely to locate a product (or even get paid if you're in the correct location prove it isn't there with your photos).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that explains a lot, even thought there's something wrong with the distances listed. Anyway, thanks pal :)

      Delete
  2. The costco scavenger hunt: really no numbers compare to those specified in Alberta or Quebec...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found MANY of the products they ask for yet the UPCs never match. It’s not a matter of the product being out of stock, you go online to check store availability before going. They don’t put the correct UPC numbers, I was at Petsmart &out of the 12 items, not a single one had the correct UPC. I had my friend look them up in the company computer & cross reference the product they ask for. (Works at PetSmart) complete waste of time. Someone isn’t doing their research on the side of FieldAgent.

    ReplyDelete